Building up your website takes a lot of time as you add content to your blog, so why would you want to spend more time creating content for guest posts? Guest posting can build your online audience in a variety of ways, and it’s worth your time. Many people believe that guest posting is the ultimate way to build up your blog reading traffic and platform. That sounds promising, but you have to know why it’s such a game changer in the blogging world. Keep reading to see why this is such a big deal for bloggers and how to find guest posting opportunities in your niche.
3 7 Ways Guest Posting Can Build Your Online Audience
4 How to Write a Good Guest Post
What is Guest Posting?Before we go further, it’s important to define what is guest posting. Guest posting means writing an article and publishing it on someone else’s blog. Bloggers often offer this on their website as a way to build their own content, especially if they are struggling to continue to create new content at that point in their life. However, as a contributor, you have several advantages. It’s a way to connect with new readers and get your name out there. As long as you are guest posting on websites with your niche and audience you want reach, the only downside is the time it takes for you to create the content. Now that you know what this is, let’s take a look at how this strategy can build your online audience.
How to Find Guest Posting OpportunitiesAfter you decide that you want to try guest posting to build your online audience, you have to find the blogging opportunities. There are a variety of ways to do this. Here are a few suggestions.
- Join Facebook groups for bloggers in your niche. Remember, it’s essential for you to guest post on websites relevant to your niche. If you are a parent blogger, guest posting on a handy repair website isn’t going to help your authority or traffic.
- Look for opportunities on websites. Many websites have a page where they post if they accept guest posts with their guidelines.
- Search on Google! Type in (your niche) + guest posting; this should give you a list of websites who accept these types of posts.
- Scan through the backlinks of your competitors. Some programs, like Ahrefs, allows you to do so, and you can look for links to guest posts made by your direct competitors.
- Use hashtags on social media to find guest post opportunities. Many times, bloggers will use the hashtag when promoting their content on other websites.
7 Ways Guest Posting Can Build Your Online Audience
1. It Boosts Brand Awareness & ExposureOne of the top reasons for guest posting to build your online audience is that it helps with your brand exposure and increases awareness. That’s why posting on reputable, authoritative websites with good traffic is essential. The more traffic the host website you guest post on, the more exposure you get. Posting on a website with 50,000 daily visitors is better than a website with only 2,000 daily visitors. However, as long as it is a good website, then no guest posting is bad! Also, even if you post on a website with 100,000 daily visitors, only a small fraction may come to your website. However, it is brand exposure and more visitor than you had before. Readers see your brand name, and it creates awareness. If they see your name on several websites, they will become interested to learn more about your brand.
2. Guest Posting Builds New Relationships with Other BloggersBuilding relationships with other bloggers is an essential part of being a successful website owner. Bloggers need quality content on their website, and when you properly guest post, you add the value that they need. It also helps to connect with other bloggers. Many bloggers regularly participate in social media, so making connections increases the likelihood they’ll reach out to you or tag you. It helps to increase your influence and make new friends!
3. Guest Posting Increases Your Domain AuthorityWhen you guest post, one requirement is that the host blogger must also you to include a link – usually only one – to your blog somewhere in it. This might simply be a mention of your website or a link to a relevant blog post. Over time, backlinks increase the value of your blog for search engines. Google learns that your website has value, and that you are an authority in your niche. Domain authority is a big deal for bloggers. The higher your domain authority, the more likely you are that Google will rank your posts. The higher your posts rank, the more traffic you receive. It lets Google know you are someone who can be trusted when it comes to your content. There are millions of websites, and Google knows not all of them are accurate. You want to be one that search engines trust, and DA helps you get there.
4. It Allows You to Meet New IndividualsOne of the most beneficial aspects of guest blogging is that it lets you join the established community of niche bloggers and express your thoughts. You share your experiences and make new connections with individuals, especially if you do so correctly. Don’t be surprised if other bloggers reach out to you for guest posts, and you may get new readers who found your post. They could become regular readers for you!
5. You Gain New High-Quality TrafficGuest articles improve traffic to your website in a number of ways, but if your guest post does well on the host, then your host blog will send people to your websites. It’s a bit of a ripple effect. You get traffic from the guest post with people clicking on the link from that article. Then, hopefully, these people join your email list, so you can continue to reach them with new articles. Finally, the guest post helps increase your domain authority, boosting your traffic from the search engines, and leading to long-term increased traffic. Perhaps best of all, if readers come to your site from a guest post, they like what they read and are more likely to stay on your website. High quality traffic – traffic that doesn’t leave quickly and lowers your bounce rate – is critical. Low quality visitors can negatively affect your search engine ranking.
6. Guest Posting Encourages Link BuildingLink building is a SEO strategy to increase your domain authority and bring more traffic to your website. Whether you allow guest posting on your website or post on other blogs, it all works towards link building. Backlinks are a big factor on the Google algorithm, helping the search engines rank your sites on SERPs. Ideally, if you submit guest posts on older websites that have been around for years, Google considers these more powerful backlinks. As they stay there, they have even more driving force to increase your domain authority.
7. You Build Your Social Media PresenceMany bloggers promote guest posts on social media, and you may opt to promote your social media on guest posts as well. Make sure you take to the website owners to be sure that promotion of you social pages is ok to do. Social media pages do best when they are fresh and alive. You can share your guest posts on your social media pages and tag the host bloggers to increase your presence.
How to Write a Good Guest PostWhenever you are writing guest posts for other bloggers, you have to make sure you write high-quality articles. Not only will high-quality posts drive more traffic to your website, but you may be asked to contribute again. Here are some tips to ensure you write a good guest post!
1. Make Sure It Is Well WrittenThe first thing you need to do is make sure you write a full-detailed article. Make sure you provide all the details needed; don’t skimp out because it’s a guest post and not on your website. Then, your article should have proper grammar, sentence construction, language, and more. I suggest using a grammar program, such as Grammarly, to ensure your articles are all well-written.
2. Avoid The FluffIt’s common for bloggers to want to add fluff to your articles to increase the length. However, when you’re guest posting, it’s best to avoid that. Stay on the topic!
3. Place Links AppropriatelyChances are your host blogger will not want you to put affiliate links. It may be against the terms of the affiliate programs they use. The general rule is that it’s safe to place one link for every 500 words. However, since this is a guest post, be conservative and only place vital links. I would suggest no more than 2 to 3 links with at least one being to your website.
Final ThoughtsGuest posting is a great way to build your online audience; it brings new people to your website and helps to build up your domain authority. Google will start to trust your website more as you continue to guest post, so give it a try!
Pin this blog for later! ↓